How to Reset the Service Engine Light on a Metris Van
Is the service engine light illuminated inside your Mercedes-Benz Metris Van? Addressing this service light can be frustrating for drivers, as there are several possible engine issues to consider. There’s no need to worry, though! There are ways to reset the service engine light inside your Metris Van.
Why is the Service Engine Light Illuminated?
Whether you drive a compact car or a commercial van like the Metris, an illuminated service engine light usually boils down to one of five problems:
- Fuel cap is loose or broken
- Broken spark plugs, wires, or spark plug coils
- Catalytic converter needs replaced
- Mass airflow sensor needs to be replaced
- Malfunctioning oxygen sensor
How to Turn Off Your Engine Light: Three Potential Solutions
- Check the Fault Code(s): If you own an OBD II scanner (if not, you can purchase one on Amazon for less than $20), simply plug it into the OBD II port under the steering wheel. The scanner will display the appropriate fault code(s), which tells you what needs to be fixed. For example, if the code displayed is P0195, there’s a problem with the engine oil temperature sensor.
- Reset the System: Disconnect the car battery, turn on the lights, and press the horn to drain any remaining electricity. This should delete the memory of any incorrect fault codes picked up by onboard diagnostics. However, there are a couple setbacks to this particular option: one, the data from the computer will be wiped completely, and two, it’s not guaranteed the light will stay off.
- Make an Appointment with a Technician: The safest bet, of course, is to schedule service with a certified technician near San Jose and Newark. They can reset Mercedes-Benz Metris service lights by correcting the engine problem or fixing an issue with the onboard diagnostics computer.
Let Us Reset the Service Engine Light in Your Mercedes-Benz
If your business runs on the Metris Van, the team at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont can reset its service engine light in a timely manner. In addition to engine light resets, we’re your go-to for Sprinter and Metris tires and commercial van service near Milpitas and Sunol. Before you make an appointment, be sure to browse our current service specials!