Your business is busy, and you can’t have your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter or Metris Van sidelined and in need of repairs. That makes it even more important to stick to regular Mercedes-Benz van service intervals. Maintaining your commercial van will ensure that it performs at its best and that it can serve you and your customers well for years to come. Find out what you need to do to keep your Mercedes-Benz van in its best shape with the service techs at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont.
Mercedes-Benz Maintenance: Service A & Service B
Whether your work van is a Mercedes-Benz Metris or Sprinter, there are certain services that all Mercedes-Benz vans need — starting with Mercedes-Benz Service A* and Mercedes-Benz Service B*. These important service intervals cover a number of service tasks at once, saving you time at our service center.
Service A** is performed after the first 10,000 miles or after 1 year of ownership. Once this first service is performed, Service A* intervals move to every 20,000 miles or 2 years for any 2009 model-year and newer Sprinter Vans. During your Service A appointment, the following service tasks will be taken care of:
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid Replacement
- Mercedes-Benz Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement***
- Fluid level inspections and corrections per factory-suggested service intervals for your Sprinter Van’s model and year
- Oil Filter Replacement***
- Brake Component Inspection
- Tire Inflation Inspection and Correction
- Maintenance Minder Reset
Service A is followed by Service B** and is recommended after the first 20,000 miles or 2 years. For Metris Vans, service is recommended every 15,000 miles. Service B shares many of the same tasks as Service A but adds on brake fluid exchange and cabin dust/combination replacement.
Additional Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Service Intervals
While multiple service tasks are taken care of under Service A and Service B, your Sprinter will still require other tasks for upkeep. Additional Mercedes-Benz Sprinter service intervals include:
- Renew brake fluid in hydraulic brake system (every 2 years)
- Replace the poly-V-belt (every fourth engine oil service)
- Replace air filter element (at least every third engine oil service/ every 4 years)
- Measure saturation level of the diesel particle filter (diesel vehicles only at 100k miles)
- Rear axle oil service (every ninth engine oil service/every 10 years)
- Renew coolant (every tenth engine oil service/every 15 years)
Additional Mercedes-Benz Metris Van Service Intervals
To make sure your Metris keeps up with your growing business, it’ll need a few added services, so it can run smoothly from San Jose to Union City and beyond:
- Replace brake fluid in hydraulic brake system (every 2 years)
- New spark plugs (every 3 years)
- Replace engine air-filter element (every 4 years)
- Rear axle oil service (every fourth Service B/every 10 years)
- Replace coolant (every fourth Service B/every 15 years)
- Replace the fuel filter (every 10 years)
Other Mercedes-Benz Van Maintenance & Repairs
Even with regular Mercedes-Benz van service intervals, there may be times where your Sprinter or Metris requires a repair or additional service. Other Sprinter and Metris services include:
- Brake repairs
- Tire repair or replacement
- Transmission repairs
- And more!
Whatever your commercial van needs, our Sprinter Authorized Service Center can get you back on the roads of Newark in a snap, thanks to our state-of-the-art equipment, OEM parts, and experienced technicians.
Get Mercedes-Benz Van Service at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont!
Get your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter or Metris service up-to-date at our service center in the Bay Area. Schedule an appointment today, and make sure to browse our service and parts specials to make your service intervals even more cost-effective.
*Price advertised for Service A/Service B includes all factory-required components. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for the complete list of factory-required services and details on the specific intervals for your vehicle’s year and model.
**Services and pricing for Service A/Service B may vary due to your driving habits, mileage, and local environmental conditions. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for additional details and general guidelines for your vehicle’s year and model..
***Oil and filter change is the base advertised service component. Additional services as determined by your vehicle’s ASSYST Plus system, which calculates service needs based on your driving habits, time, mileage and environmental conditions, may increase service cost..