Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® System Explained
Springing into action if a potential collision is detected, the Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® system takes precautionary measures to ensure the safety of you and your passengers. Luckily, shoppers around San Jose and Newark will find this system available in many new Mercedes-Benz vehicles. See what this system can do, and learn more about additional Mercedes-Benz technologies at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont.
Functions of the Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® System
Using sensors around your Mercedes-Benz vehicle, this system will detect if an accident is about to occur. Once sensed, PRESAFE® kicks in and takes multiple steps to protect vehicle occupants:
- The front head restraints adjust, moving to the best position for preventing passenger injuries for maximum crash protection.
- If there is the potential for a rollover, the sunroof and windows close to prevent debris from entering the cabin.
- Tension is increased in the front safety belts.
Systems That Work With PRESAFE®
Aspects of the PRESAFE® system integrate with other Mercedes-Benz safety technologies, such as:
- PRESAFE® Sound: On equipped vehicles, this system activates alongside PRESAFE® and emits a “pink noise” from the audio system to stimulate a natural reflex reaction in the human ear.
- DISTRONIC PLUS®: Using the PRESAFE® system’s brake feature, this intelligent adaptive cruise control system will slow or stop your vehicle should a straight-ahead vehicle suddenly brake.
Additionally, PRESAFE® uses the same sensors as other driver assists from Mercedes-Benz, including Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, and more.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models Include PRESAFE®?
From SUVs to roadsters, Mercedes-Benz includes the PRESAFE® system in a variety of new models for Milpitas drivers. You will find the system included in the following models:
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA
- Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
- Mercedes-Benz SLC
- Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
What Does the “PRESAFE® Functions Limited” Alert Mean?
Occasionally, your PRESAFE® sensors may need to be adjusted or cleaned. If your vehicle displays “PRESAFE® Functions Limited,” Mercedes-Benz service may be needed. Schedule an appointment at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont to have your sensors checked, so you can drive through Union City with confidence.
Explore Mercedes-Benz Safety Tech at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont
At Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont, we’re happy to help you learn about other Mercedes-Benz safety systems and technologies, from ATTENTION ASSIST® to KEYLESS GO® and KEYLESS START®. Contact Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont with any questions!