How to Check Tire Pressure on Your Mercedes-Benz
Having correct tire pressure levels is important both to your vehicle’s performance and overall safety. Tire pressure can get low from cold weather or as the result of road hazards, such as a nail puncturing your tire. Fortunately, checking tire pressure levels is easy with the Mercedes-Benz Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Below, you can learn how to check tire pressure on your Mercedes-Benz yourself using this feature. You can also visit our tire center and have our experts inspect your tires for you!
When to Check the Tire Pressure on Your Mercedes-Benz
Wondering when to check tire pressure on your vehicle? There is no set time interval to do so, though you should check your tire pressure with some regularity to ensure it is maintaining a proper level. You can view tire pressure levels on the Mercedes-Benz Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
How to Use the Mercedes-Benz Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Press the left or right arrow buttons on your steering wheel. Do so until you reach the “Service” menu.
- When you reach the “Service” menu, push the up or down arrow buttons until you reach the “Tire Pressure” option. Press “OK.” Here, the pressure levels of each tire will be shown.
- Now check the tire pressure light. If your tires are under- or overinflated, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System warning light will turn on. If this comes on, you should check your tires with a hand-held pressure gauge and adjust your tires. Recommended tire pressure levels are on a printed label inside the fuel-door.
- After adjusting your tires, check the display on the “Tire Pressure” menu to ensure that your tires are at an optimal amount of pressure. The screen may read, “Tire pressures will display after a few minutes.” If you receive this message, drive for a short amount of time and check again.
- When everything is adjusted and at the right pressure levels, restart the Tire Pressure Monitoring System by pushing the down arrow on your steering wheel and pressing “OK.”
Learn More About Mercedes-Benz Tire Care at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont
Contact our team at Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont near Milpitas to learn more about how to care for and maintain your Mercedes-Benz. Our tire center can help with any aspect of Mercedes-Benz tire and wheel care, including tire rotations and wheel alignments! Interested in more DIY tips? Our service experts can also share with you assorted tips and tricks, like how to replace your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery.